Thursday, March 13, 2014

This & That

These were the set of lamps that started my love of cool vintage lamps!  Got these way back in 1997!

I'm hoping to be starting some sort of job soon but until then I've had lots of free time to photograph and put stuff in my Etsy shop... ~DeluxeVille Vintage~ I've been collecting crap for a really long time and I'm ready to lighten my load!

All the cats have adjusted very well to being here.  I was mostly concerned about Capt'n Gus and his love of the outside but it seems he's settled into being a spoiled inside cat for the moment.  I do plan on fixing up my yard again so that all the kitties can have some outside time again.  Until then, Gus has taken up an interest in hair styling!  

Captn' Gus .... Love my big fur ball one of the best things I found in NJ... This fella makes me laugh everyday...thanks furry buddy!

The youngest member of my cat herd has discovered the exposed beams and has been performing death defying tricks for me from terrifying heights!


I'm so lucky to have each and every one of these little furry creatures in my life.  Six is a lot of fur flying around but the laughs they give me makes up for all of the hair balls and loud cat chases in the middle of the night.

IMG_0530



Until next time!!

~MaryDeluxe

11 comments:

  1. 'No big deal! Just jump from one beam to another!' Sheeesh! Hair styling seems much safer. ;) Yes. My kitties are great therapy, even with all their mischief and messes! Your fur babies are SWEET!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha he's such a trouble maker that one!! I'm lucky to have each and every one of em! They keep me going and make me get out of bed so they don't starve!

      Delete
  2. I'll keep your shop bookmarked so I can help with your transition to this part of your life. You're headed in the right direction, hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One step at a time! I'll be fine, every day I feel stronger and my head begins to clear more.

      Delete
  3. I wanted to buy those lamps from your shop - but was sad that they had to be picked up. I did though buy that adorable deer for my wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you for taking a look! Those lamps are so so heavy I'm afraid to pack them up and what the shipping cost would be $$$. If I change my mind you'll be the first to know!

      :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to see your furry friends! I'm going to go take a look in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Gus picture is pretty cute! You sound very calm for a cat mama whose cat is being daring - good for you! I wonder if your other guys will follow his lead? My guys would LOVE those beams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a perfect cat house around here! They love it and once my back garden is fixed up again they'll be able to spend some supervised time out there! Can't wait!

      Delete
  6. How does your lovely furniture survive with six kitties? I have one and she destroyed my couch despite scratch tape and scratching posts/boxes all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure yet! I'll keep you posted....it probably won't!

      Delete