Sunday, June 8, 2014

Make Your Own Happiness

“There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” ~Steve Maraboli

Amen, Mr. Steve!

IMG_0749 
On December 7, 2013, I looked in the mirror, rubbed my tired, puffy red eyes and promised myself that no matter what I had to do, what ever journey I had to embark on, that I would be okay...that I deserved better....that I would love myself again no matter if someone else loved me or not.  That's how my journey started, I got tired of being afraid to do what I knew in my soul I should have done sooner.  When someone shows you who they really are, believe them.  Don't waste your precious time in life trying to persuade them to be otherwise or waiting for them to give you what you need when it's obvious that they can't.  No matter how painful, spread your wings and fly.  Pain has taught me to enjoy everyday, Pain has taught me that happiness can be as simple as a bowl of fresh strawberries.  Pain has taught me that no matter what, always be true to the person that you are. Pain has taught me  to look at life and people differently.  Acceptance is a wonderful gift and so is forgiveness.  Everyone has their own journeys in life to take, always stay true to yourself and accept that some times someone else's journey is not yours to take. 

IMG_0731 
My plan is to spend my Summer in braids, vintage skirts, and aprons with dirty feet from digging in the dirt.  Now that makes this girl happy!  

My beast... Another long day at the vet hospital...not a very good prognosis...it's kinda a wait and see now...all I can say is love what you have while you have it, there are no guarantees with anything in life....he has been one of the best beasties to  
Don't ever be afraid to love.  Loss is just a part of life, don't let it stop you from loving...it's worth ever bit of pain it might bring into your life.  When you have love, enjoy every fucking second of it being in your life, love with no regrets.  Trust me, even when it goes badly, it's worth every wonderful moment.

It's my favorite time of year! It's strawberry pickin time! :)
Eat more strawberries...unless of course you're allergic...try blueberries instead!  The point is, enjoy the simple things...the calmness of a starry night as you lay on a blanket and ponder at how small we all really are and that in the grand scheme of every day life what's really, really important?  Yup, eat the strawberries!

XOXO,
MaryDeluxe

“Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.”
―Steve Maraboli

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see that you are moving forward and being happy with yourself. Often times, when we are abused, we have huge self doubt and want to make the other person happy at our own expense. Reaching a breaking point is the best thing that can happen to a person. I know that if I hadn't reached that point I wouldn't be here; happy with myself and my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a journey that has taught me a great deal about myself...it's rather amazing how much we can be consumed by a toxic relationship.

      Delete
  2. Great post. :) I'm happy to see you are pulling through. I completely identified with everything you've posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words totally made me cry just so beautiful! Your an amazing gal miss mary deluxeVille!!!! Huggs cat-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its always good to move forward and think positively! I'd like to suggest having a super fun retro luau with friends to help keep the blues away! Its also a good excuse to try out some new food and drink recipes. :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete