Monday, May 23, 2016

The Farmerette

Untitled

If you've been a long time reader, you will know that I LOVE to garden! No matter where I'm living, in order for me to be happy, I need to have my hands in the dirt.  This year I will be tending my biggest garden yet and planting some veggies I haven't tried to grow before.  It's been a chilly and rainy spring in the north east this year and I'm behind by a few weeks in getting my plants in the ground.  My cold weather garden is doing well, but should be much further along, and my warm weather veggies are waiting for the overnight temps to be higher.  Thanks for the wacky weather mother nature!

Untitled
I found two varieties of sweet potato slips at a local Amish garden center.  I also found some elephant ear bulbs! I've always wanted to add some of those to my garden for a tropical look.  Now to figure out where I'll be planting them... Guess I'll be digging up some more lawn again!

Untitled

My boyfriend and I are also finishing up the chicken coop we are building for our flock of 10 hens!  It's a really cute little chicken palace that we've been building from as much free salvage supplies as possible.  Look for a post on the chicken coop build coming soon! 

Untitled

Here's to a Summer full of sunny days and fun projects!
See ya soon,
MaryDeluxe

2 comments: