Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Night Out With George And Fran

In this letter, George and Fran must have had one hell of a night on the town! Fran's friend Tess must have had a few to many according to how Grandpa describes it. Which one of the three gals on the left do you think is Tess? I'm voting for the one in the middle! She looks like a wild one at heart! Not Fran(2nd from right) of course, she's the sensible one!



March 21, 1941

Thursday
Dear Fran:

Just got up from the supper table, and boy oh boy did I eat well. Sauerkraut, pork and all the trimmings. I believe I must have eaten enough for ten men, I sure was hungry. Liz sure can cook.

How was my Fran this morning?If you got up in time to go to church this morning, my hat's off to you honey. I had a hell of a time getting out at 7, and then I had a relapse from 3 to 5. The day bed in the egg house sure comes in handy on rainy days and the day after the night before. If you get what I mean.

I bet Tess was in a hell of a shape today. Poor thing. I felt like kicking myself today, for not trying to stop her last night, but she didn't seem extra bad at the time. I was that way a couple of times, but never again. It's terrible. If you see her, tell her I still think she's O.K. But not as nice as my honey, she's sensible. And I would like to have the favor of us go out again. What ya say? By the way Fran did your Mother say any thing, about your coming in so late. And you still owe me 15 minutes from last night. My clock was fast.

You sure did look delovely last night Fran honey, and I was a bit jealous, when you made goo-goo eyes at the boys in the orchestra, but I will forgive you this time if you promise to give me all your attention the next time.

Well, I guess I had better close, and go out and turn the eggs in the incubator. I won't put anything silly in my letter this time.

Love
George
P.S. Did you find your picture?

5 comments:

  1. The goo-goo eyes bit just cracks me up. More please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! love the last pic. the coolest gang ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey, poor Tess! Her night of inebriate debauchery immortalised forever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great letter, I love how he says he won't put anything silly in this time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, his comment about the goo-goo eyes made me smile! xx

    ReplyDelete