Thursday, March 15, 2012

Box Lot Junkin

Sgt and I headed out to auction this past Tuesday to check out their box lots. I love looking through box lots and have found some great things in cardboard boxes over the years. I found all this great stuff below in various cardboard boxes at the auction. The chair wasn't in a box but I did pick it up at the auction when they were selling furniture.

IMG_8185

The fiberglass lamp shade I bought this past Summer at an antique store. I will often pick up fiberglass lamp shades when I find them for cheap. It's only a matter of time till I run across a sad little lamp base in need of a shade. The lamp is in great condition and still has it's original Underwriters Laboratories Inc. sticker on the back. Safety first!

IMG_8174

I have fallen in love recently with utilitarian metal objects and distressed old farmhouse kitchen chairs. This is the second farmhouse chair that I've picked up in the last couple of weeks. I love the carved front legs on this one.

IMG_8135

I also found an old vanity mirror that I plan on using on a small table that I have. Look for a post on how that turns out some time in the future!

Happy Hunting,

MaryDeluxe

12 comments:

  1. I like the mix of Midcentury Modern, industrial and farm chic items in this post! The little formica topped table is unusual, it seems to be the little sister of the ubiquitous "diner style" table and chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot, that little table I've had for a long time and it's a 1950's child's table. I just used it to help photograph my loot. I am definitely stuck in farmhouse 50's at the moment! :)

      MaryD

      Delete
  2. Like the table, love the lamp and shade and have two metal tackle boxes that belonged to each of my grandfathers. I saw a green Bakelite tackle box at an antique mall but the price was crazy. Like the quilt on the chair also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I walk past a vintage industrial bits and bobs store on my way to work - there are some really cool things out there! Also they have an adorable kitty who suns himself all day in the window. YES HOW MUCH?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen the book Cabins and Cottages? I love the way they mix 50's 40's and cabin together. That tackle box reminded me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't....I'll have to see if I can find that at my library.

      Delete
  5. Wow that lamp base is beautiful a really stunning. You don't find things like that here in England only in an antiques market if your very lucky. Enjoy your lovely things, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of those are great pieces. I especially like the old tool box and using it to store/organize something over than just tools. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lamp is gorgeous! I'm planning on re-doing my dining room and what I'm envisioning is a sideboard/credenza type thing with two matching lamps on it, just like that one!
    I sure am a wee bit jealous of this auction that you always go to...sounds like so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a love affair with vintage office and industrial stuff too. Thankfully, most of it is still cheap. Old file boxes and such make great recipe boxes, CD containers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what lovely things.I have never been to estate auctions.Eventually one day.Love that lamp.I have just got myself two moss lamps with the heidi schoop figures and one needs a shade.But I am on the hunt for two shades.lol.I will be so glad when I get my own place.I am becoming an antique hoarder at the moment.lol.

    ReplyDelete