Sunday, August 2, 2015

What I Got For $51

I LOVE checking out a good estate auction.  I especially LOVE a good box lot auction!  Some of my most favorite vintage things have come out of the bottom of a cardboard box.  Some times I even find a treasure in my box that will pay for my whole auction bill and then some! 

I went to an auction recently that had 350 miscellaneously stuffed boxes!  I usually give myself a budget to stay in and once I hit it, I stop bidding.  Giving myself a budget really helps me focus only on bidding on things I really want and not just ALL the cool vintage stuff!  My budget this time was $50 and as you have read by my title, I overspent by $1!  But I'll forgive myself for that dollar because I brought my own water and snack to the auction!  So lets see what I got for $51!

I bought one box full of old games for $2.   I really, really wanted the Simon Game!  When I was a kid I wanted one of these games sooooo bad (I think I was attracted to the colors!) but never got one, until now! It's never to late people!

old games

AA0123EF-237C-4E1E-9529-05630B69C517_zpsmyttm14o

I spent $12 on a box full of all kinds of stuff!  I bought it for the small patio umbrellas with the clamps on them.  There were three total.  It also had a picnic jug, window screens, artwork of cats with big eyes, a Griswold grinder, Victorian utensils, 5 Mattel children records, a box of nails and a plant hanger! 

3E2F16BC-BF71-4D20-B25B-9353704E88F6_zpsyddi78jj

The umbrella that made me buy a $12 box lot!  Love those colors! I so think that $12 was worth it for that fabulous umbrella.

5F088C7D-9A10-4CC9-9559-088F87B010E4_zpszjmnhvfp

I bought a box of glass and china things for $1.  It had the Anchor Hocking striped pitcher in it.  I found the new old stock Anchor Hocking drinking glasses in the house on a table to be sold individually.   The glasses were my big spend of the day.  I really wanted to keep the set together so, I bought the glasses for $35....ouch there goes my budget!

F0FA6F02-32EA-4C81-AF1E-B9F469EC0C21_zpsnyjcgen8

And the last thing I bought was a box of textiles for $1!  It also had towels in it that I plan on donating to a local animal shelter. 

3F5A5A9F-8320-4386-93B4-5A1E953940A8_zps4rbdefhp

If you've been paying attention, you might be wondering what I bought with my other $1 in the $51 I spent.  Well the first thing I bought was a 1950's portable grille that I don't have a picture of!  So there ya go, everything I bought for $51. 

There was a few things there that I wish I would have had the money or the need to buy, but I just couldn't justify the purchase at this point in my life.  One of them was this very cool western child's toy box/hassock. Sweet huh?!

4285A845-78A2-4331-B2C6-F7194CB6BCB7_zpspv4hrmor

Yeeehaw!  Oh well, easy come, easy go!!

See ya soon,
MaryDeluxe

5 comments:

  1. cool stuff...I am loving that multi colored umbrella...have been looking for one like that for years with no luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun box of games! I had that Blockhead game (and probably some of the others) when I was little...Everything looks amazing! Well worth going $1 over budget! The glasses wee a must, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the glasses I just couldn't pass up! I hate breaking up a set!

      Delete
  3. I can not see breaking up the set either ! We would have got them also! LOVE that umbrella ! We have two a blue and turquoise!

    ReplyDelete