Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My New Best Friend

Let me introduce you to the newest member of the family...Sampson!  For awhile I've been talking to the fella about wanting a dog and to make a long story short he was out one day and found this little guy who was in need of a new home.  
Untitled
Sampson is quite the people loving little guy and so, he works out perfectly coming to work with me everyday, as I run a program for elderly individuals who have a form of dementia and need memory support.  He is the perfect therapy dog, not only for my clients but also for my hardworking staff and myself.  Everyone absolutely adores him.  He sits on laps, knows how to avoid walkers and wheelchairs, calms anxieties, snuggles in beds, entertains, is patient, triggers good memories, is a quiet presence, gives kisses, and in general creates smiles.  He gives LOVE and is LOVED.
Untitled
He's been adjusting really well to all seven of our cats.  Not an easy task for a new member of the family that's not of the cat species.  He is turning into a mama's boy and is my constant companion.  I have bestowed upon him his new nickname Samspoon as his favorite past time is cuddling in bed.
Untitled
Not only am I lucky enough to be able to bring my dog to work with me everyday, but there is also a great walking trail two feet from my building that's dog friendly.  So, Sampson and I get to hit the walking path daily for a bit of mid-day exercise.
Untitled
I can't tell you how happy I am to have a dog in my life again.  But of course not just any dog, Sampson is really one of a kind and I'm so lucky to have him.
Untitled
See ya soon!
~MaryDeluxe & Samspoon

13 comments:

  1. Awwwww!! I love everything about this entry. I hope there's a dog who visits me when I'm senile. How old is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute adn dapper old boy! I'm sure the folks at work love him. Dogs are the best (our "retro roadpup" just turned 13 and he's a little white around the muzzle like Samspoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, for the difficult job that you do.
    Touchofevil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect pup you have there and cute as well. It makes me smile to see you so happy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect pup you have there and cute as well. It makes me smile to see you so happy !

    ReplyDelete