Friday, October 19, 2012

Dorothy's Diary

 (Sis and Dot from Dorothy Diary website)

I've posted about the website Dorothy's Diary before here on DeluxeVille.  It's a wonderful website that documents the life of a teenage girl named Dorothy, from her own daily diary entries, in 1945 and 1946.   I love this site and discovered that Dorothy's son Dave has redone the website and it now includes scrapbooks and interesting facts about the time period and area Dot writes about!  Dot's sister "Sis" also adds comments to Dot's dairy writings.

If you love vintage pictures, the 1940's, and those bygone days, this is a must read website for you to check out.  If you've read Dot's diary in the past, go make a cup of tea and read it again!  Trust me, you won't step away from the computer until you finish it and you won't be sorry about wasting an hour or two doing so!

(Dot's friend Sunny....LOVE the hair!)

Also, don't forget to check out the epilogue to see what happened with Dot years later.  You might need a tissue, I know I did. 

Dorothy's Diary Links:

Enjoy!
~MaryDeluxe

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't aware of Dorothy's Diary- I'm going to check it out right now! Sounds wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Stay Glamorous!
    xxxLottie Lee
    http://vintagewarbride.com

    ReplyDelete