Monday, January 17, 2011

Bad Listings

As you all know from reading, I've been spending a lot of time these past two weekends preparing my house for the real estate market. I've been painting, filling in cracks, decluttering, and all around prepping my house to look it's best! To make myself feel better, I did a little research on the internet to see if I could find a blog that showed bad MLSs, (multiple listing services) ....ya know, there's a blog out there for everything. I came across a blog called Hooked on Houses that does hilarious and sometimes frightening posts on bad MLSs. There's even a whole blog called, Bad MLS Photos that's all about bad MLS photos! Geeezzz After viewing some of these, I realized I've got nothing to worry about.

IMG_4780

See beige isn't so bad! I'll post new pictures when I finally get everything staged the way I want it. As Sgt says, it's gonna look nice no matter what you do because you have that design ability. See, reason # 5,557 as to why I'm keeping him :)

10 comments:

  1. For sure, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to staging or listing your home. As long as you stick to what YOU know is right and don't let some realtor take crappy photos of your beautiful home. She'd probably even appreciate using some of your great photos!

    Oh, and I can get lost on those blogs...it's just toooo amazing what people will put out there for the whole world to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "BAD MLS Photos" Blog. Just hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're going to be fine, you understand staging for sale that's the most important thing!

    oooh and I always wonder what MLS stood for in the US, thanks for that ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be asking for control over what goes up when your home is listed, that way there will be no surprises !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks nice regardless...and I don't think you ever had anything to worry about!

    And don't get discouraged, my house has been up for sale since last May. Pa sales have just been down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this doesn't relate to your post, but I just wanted to pass on some sad news - I was just in Lancaster today to stock up at central market, and we drove up Queen St to discover it was closed at the 300 block - there was a fire last night, and Zap and Co was completely destroyed, and Steve was badly burned but thankfully is in stable condition. A major vintage landmark loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lizabeta....Yeah, I knew since this morning my friend told me....a very sad day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another site is lovelylisting.com
    like milk through the nose hilarious!!

    can't wait to see your next digs as they unfold!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl you have nothing to worry about! The photos of your house always looks so nice, and inspires all the way over to a girl in sweden (me)! There is nothing wrong with beige even tough, I liked the turquoise walls better... I´m looking forward to se your new place.


    Kind regards!

    http://pinupdeuxe.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete