Sunday, January 9, 2011

Milo Thinks Beige Is Boring

IMG_4230

First off, I'd like to say that none of my things are for sale. Hahahaha but thank you all for stepping up and wanting to snag things up! I am simply packing them away not selling them. The only thing for sell will be my house :). As far as painting goes....sorry folks, I've already started. Yes, it's sad to see DeluxeVille go (a few tears today) but it's okay because I'm ready to let go. Repainting for me is my letting go. I want anyone to be able to walk into my house and see themselves here. I want them to make this space theirs, a blank canvas so to speak, to create their own DeluxeVille and not just try to live in mine. Selling a house in this market can be hard and I'd rather have people walk in to my house and say..WOW, look at those ceilings and not Yuck, look at the turquoise! People usually aren't appalled by the color beige. : )

IMG_4770

7 comments:

  1. "People usually aren't appalled by the color beige."

    Gonna have to go with Kim & Milo on this one... the happy blue was much nicer. BUT you are getting a fresh new start soon, and that is gonna be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milo is up on the catwalk wondering where did the turquoise go? I used to live in a house that was built in 1911 and it had a beam running through the kitchen like that and my cat used to love to get up on it just like Milo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I like your house I also think you're doing the right thing when repainting before selling. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate beige or magnolia as is most commonly used here in the UK uuurgh! But I think you're so right to do what you're doing, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Deluxeville will be stylish no matter what the color--someone will snap it up especially with the neat outdoor spaces you have created and the interesting architectural features inside.

    ReplyDelete