Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Cat Story

If you've been reading my blog for the last year or so, you are already aware that I am known around my block as an animal lover. I especially seem to always be getting poor, sad, lonely cats shoved off on me. Most of the time I end up getting lucky and finding places for them, but it's not always the case...remember Milo. If you don't remember how I became the proud owner of Mr toilet flushing, hissy pants, Milo, read about it here...Vintage Kitten

As I arrived home from work today, I look on my front porch and spied a box covered with a sweat shirt and thought what the hell is that?? I walked over to the box and saw it was a pet carrier. I crouched down to see a furry orange face looking out at me. OMG my poor cat Bosche had gotten out this morning when I left and my neighbor must have found her! Poor thing must be freezing, so I hurriedly opened my front door to which I found all three of my furry faces waiting for me and demanding to be feed. WTH! Impostor cat! I lifted up the sweat shirt and found a note from my crazy neighbor who lives 5 doors down from me....found this cat in Linda's yard next door...is it yours? Leaving it on front porch for you, good luck, let me know how it turns out...ps please return my cat carrier. Nice right? Have you found a cat, just put it on MaryDeluxe's front porch, she'll take care of it. If you don't believe me, read here....Jasper, Asshole. All the neighbors do this crap. I'm lucky I only have three cats! I took imposter cat out to the garage to have a look at him and to keep my cats from having "another cat in the house" seizure. Wow, as soon as I opened the cat carrier it was obvious this guy was a house cat! He weighed at least 20 lbs and he came out swinging. Boy, Dozer sure was pissed off! He came at he hissing, growling and in general all puffed up. Then he would stop and rub up against my leg for a moment, then remember he hated me and started his tough guy act again. But who was he kidding, he had no front claws. I started laughing and it just made him madder. He chased me around the garage. Ginger cats sure do have attitudes. I left him with some cat food and decided to knock on some neighbor's doors to see if anyone was missing a big fat dozer of a cat. I didn't have to walk far because the third house I stopped at said they had a cat but he wasn't missing. I said well this cat is orange and HUGE. The woman said, OMG that's my cat! She didn't even know he was missing because she works at night and sleeps during the day. He must have snuck out when she came in the door that morning at 5 am. I went and got the dozer and brought him home, which made a 3 year old very excited to find that his cat was out and about having adventures! Tom where have you been, he says??

Tom
The big guy Tom who looks a lot like.... my big girl...

Big Mama
Bosche, who also has a bit of a temper...just ask the Sgt's dogs...she keeps them in line!

Thank God, I still only have three cats! Trust me, I was doing the "Yay, I didn't get stuck with another cat" dance as I walked back to my house! It's bad enough I have three cats laying on me in bed at night, I couldn't even imagine having Tom the 20 lb tub of lard somewhere on me too.

13 comments:

  1. HA hahaha! You are a softie like me, stopping for every wayward sad little furball. I'm lucky I only have 2 cats myself. I'm glad you found his owners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny that we both made posts about cats with similar titles right around the same time. :D I can't wait to be in a situation where I can have my own cats. At least my roommates and sister have a bunch I can play with

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me giggle! I'm also an animal lover. Just stumbled upon your blog and fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have one (or should I say only one has me) but that is only because my sister was about to throw her a** out on the street when she went a bit crazy. Oh!!! and my neighbor's cat thinks she belongs in our house when she gets left out. I always say I prefer dogs, but who am I kidding? I love my cat. I just wish she would stop judging me all the time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep the neighbours sure know where to take a stray don't they. What will they do when you move ?? He is a big boy !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol!My mum & i are the same,always taking in or finding homes for animals.Glad mr. tub of lard already had an owner.Your cat dumping neighbour does sound crazy & very rude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean, we're at maximum pet capacity with 4 cats and 1 dog (used to be 6 cats). I'd love to have more but my experience with 6 cats at once is still too fresh in my memory.....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow-the same thing happens to my sister and I. We have had so many kitties dropped off at our place becaues someone was "moving and couldn't bring" them. Everyone calls us when kittens are found, dogs are wandering etc! We have kept some, I wont say how many hahaha! Glad you found the big guys home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, nice to know you found his home.
    I really wish I didnt click on your 'asshole' link though. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy his owner found him! I wish people would keep their babies indoors! I have three cats and yet I wish I could adopt more sometimes. I will not go to my local PetsMart on the weekends since local rescue groups have their cats up for adoption there. I may just bring them all home and then I would become the "crazy cat horder lady" and that is never fair for the cats. I love cats and I am a sucker for those whiskery faces and sweet eyes! If I see cats in my neighborhood on my morning run, I always stop and pet them and say hi. I am sure my neighbors think I am nuts! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whew! What a relief! It's so wild that the neighbor just left him on your porch. Maybe they should have just kept the kitty safe and warm until you got home so that she could verify?

    ReplyDelete