- Your money is going to a good organization that supports the local community. It's like making a donation when you buy something.
- Sometimes (not as often now) the people listing the item wouldn't know what it was they were listing and if one got lucky in their searches, you could steal quite the deals.
- No sniper
- You can find cool vintage things there
- Shipping is higher and a handling fee is always charged.
- Prices on things can go higher than on Ebay.
- Pictures are not very good quality.
- Items can be measured wrong or described wrong because the people listing the items are usually not professional dealers when it comes to vintage things.
- The sight has become well known so there is more competition in bidding.
- Once you buy it, you bought it!
- You have to be patient and good at searching!
- I don't think they ship internationally...but it never hurts to ask!
- You have to really know your vintage because as stated above, they don't always list items as vintage.
No matter what the pros and cons, I really like shopping on the Goodwill sight! I am not a regular buyer on the sight, but over the years, I have never had one bad transaction. I also enjoy finding the deals and have gotten really good at searching for and finding items that were not listed as vintage. Recently I found this cute little 40's Hollywood Sport Life blouse. It was listed as a 70's belly shirt. Score!
I can't remember ever not getting a good deal on something on that sight. I have found some amazing vintage items on there from vintage clothing and accessories to contemporary things. One of my all time best finds is the Cole of California sundress I'm wearing below! I blogged about it a few years ago here. I found out that a sister outfit to this dress is in the Powerhouse museum in Australia! It was listed as "Asian style dress". No one bid on it but me. No one knew what it really was. I was able to tell by the pictures it was from 1950's, I paid $34 when all was said and done. Imagine my surprise when I opened the package to find it was a Cole of California dress!
I have also found these vintage 50's suits for cheap.....Cool Suits