Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Blue Gardenia




bluegt
The Blue Gardenia
1953
Starring.... Raymond Burr, Ann Sothern, Anne Baxter, and Richrd Conte
 Director: Fritz Lang
A telephone operator named Nora, gets caught up in the murder of a womanizing cad.

the_blue_gardenia 
  I think this film is definitely one of the big over looked films of 1953.  It has wonderful settings, a strong cast, and is very well directed, but gets overshadowed by Fritz Lang's other movie from 1953, The Big Heat.  It's a straightforward little film noir with clever dialog and murder-mystery/romance storyline.  Also has an appearance by Nat King Cole in the tiki bar.  

thebluegardenia

PDVD_001-27



The perfect movie for a rainy Friday night or a lazy Sunday afternoon!

~MaryDeluxe

4 comments:

  1. I agree - this film is definitely underrated. A favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite movies because you cant guess who the murderer is. Plus the fashions are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched this last night and really enjoyed it. I would have never guessed "who did it" !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I just happened to run across the movie at my library in the classic film section and after I watched it I was like, Wow, how did I not run across this movie sooner?!

      Delete