Thursday, February 12, 2009

A night out


I am on a mini vacation to celebrate my 37th birthday. Last night I went to see the Puppini Sisters to kick off my celebrations!

I wore this dress. Not the most glamorous of dresses but very comfortable after working all day and still not feeling well from my ear infection. I got lots of nice compliments from older and younger people in the audience.

The show was great and my friend that attended with me had a good time too. I was a little worried that she might not as she is more into techno/dance music and not really retro. But she is open minded like me and that's probably why we have been friends all these years. ... she's a good person and I'm lucky she's my friend!

I do wish sometimes that I had a few good girlfriends who were my age and enjoyed vintage like I do. It's very rare to find like minded people around my area. I'm just looking for some nice gals that aren't catty and would enjoy shopping trips to the flea markets and estate sales.

7 comments:

  1. OMG - I LOVE the Puppini Sisters! I work for a media company and we have one of their songs playing at work and every time it comes on I just - really get in to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked great! Regarding your last paragraph, I feel the same way. None of my girlfriends arereally into vintage like I am. I'm currently dating someone who humours me but he's not really into it. I wish you lived close by! I'd definitely go on all those shopping trips with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky to live in the best country in the world, at least when it comes to retro stuff.
    I gave up the Atomic look a long time ago cos you simply can't get hold of anything like that in Sweden or even England (where I live now).

    I so love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been to the Vixen Vintage blog? You two are soulmates...probably separated at birth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather....That's the one thing that sucks about the internet....all the cools gals I would love to be friends with live to far away!

    Little Rascal...I didn't know it was so hard to find atomic vintage things over seas...I know that I have sold a lot of things on ebay out of the states!

    Pyzahn...I will have to check out her blog...I must have a missing sister out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the Puppini Sisters. I'm actually listening to them right now along with Lavay Smith.

    You look gorgeous and I am coveting your shoes in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why thank you!...You can have those shoes too...they are remix brand!

    ReplyDelete