Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jasper



I came home to find a stray cat on my front porch. Do I really need another cat right now God?? No, I don't but there he was hiding behind my planter and chair. My neighbor next door is the one who pointed the cat out to me and told me when she came home she noticed it hiding and thought it might be mine. She later discovered that the neighbor on the other side of her is responsible for it. Apparently, the teen daughter brought it home without permission and the parents put it out on the street. It then somehow knew to go hide on the poor cat sucker's front porch! This is what makes me so angry!! If I was a parent, I would make my daughter take that cat right back to where she got it from and if she couldn't take it back, I would make her call around to the animal shelters till she found a place for it. No, instead these idiots toss it into the street, teaching their teen daughter that she doesn't need to be responsible for her actions. If you don't want something toss it away and someone else will come along and take care of your problem. I hope to hell I don't come home one day to find one of their gazillion kids sitting on my front porch because they just don't want the responsibility anymore! Then I got pissed off even more because as I was outside with the cat they came out and their 4 year old son started yelling, look there's my cat. So, I said, is this your cat and they completely ignored me and got in the car and left. WTF people?? Ignoring your problems won't make them go away and it only pissed me off more. For the time being "Jasper" is hanging on the front porch because I have no where to put him and I have no idea what to do with him.

10 comments:

  1. People make me really really really angry when they do stuff like that. It's not a couch! It's a real alive being. Sheesh! (Also a very cute real alive being I have to add as I'm far enough away I couldn't possibly come over and take him home with me).

    I hope someone will be able to take him in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, I do. At least Jasper found you, though - someone who knows how to help him find a home. You're overwhelmed with kitties, true, but they (his previous family) obviously don't intend to care for him. Cats ALWAYS know who to see when they need help. My Dad's the same - a cat magnet. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sigh. You said it all here "No, instead these idiots toss it into the street, teaching their teen daughter that she doesn't need to be responsible for her actions."

    And that's whats wrong with this country.

    I do hope you find a home for all the kitties. and bless your heart for taking care of them. If you need some help with food or whatnot, I will gladly make you a donation to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a cat person i have to say awwwwwwwww he so cute and if i didn't live so far away (and over the ocean) i'd take him in a heartbeat.

    Honestly some people have no idea which is why I tell my aunt whose house is also a mecca for stray cats, that cats will always go where they know there's love.

    I'm sure you will find good homes for them all because that's the kinda great gal you are xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well he is incredible handsome and photogenic, isn't he??
    What a cutie!! I wish I could take him...but I hope you find him a good home.

    People suck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a shame people have to be like that.....but he is handsome!! The fella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, sadly there is a lot of people like your neighbor and this can continue with her daughter because as she is not taught to be responsable she might be the same as an adult.
    Even if I don't like cats, I won't do that! poor cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome little guy! A few years ago I came home from work to find a cat standing on my front porch looking at me. He camped out on my porch for months and would try to run into my house (I have dogs) every day until I finally gave up and invited him in and he became part of the family. He went from being a dirty little Georgia street cat to being a fat, cuddly happy guy who is living with my mother in law in southern california. I think cats can just sense where they should be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so handsome indeed---I am across the state or else I would take him!

    I don't understand people who do that---at least give him to a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know there is no such thing as coincidences - Jasper found you for a reason. What a gorgeous cat! Hopefully you will figure something out soon. The kitties are so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete