You all know I celebrated my 38th birthday last week!!! YAY Birthday!! I've been doing a lot of thinking about things I want to do this year...my 38th year on this amazing planet. I've decided I'd make a list of at least 10 random things to accomplish this year. I've also decided to lower my expectations to things I would actually be able to do! I'm usually such a grand, big thinker...but not this year...this year I'm thinking small.
1. Learn to knit/crochet...I've been wanting to for a long time, this year is my year!
2. Run a 5k...notice I didn't say marathon...see small...I hate running but I do it to stay in shape...I want to run a small 5k because that will be like a marathon to me!
3. Take a boxing class ....yeah, I want to learn how to throw a punch...my students think I'm crazy and to old but they said they would come watch me if I ever had a match...I'm really just trying to make them fear me. :)
4. Look into adoption...My biological clock started ticking when I hit 34 and well, it hasn't stopped yet. But the problem is I'm single and I'm also running out of time. So, I've been thinking about what my options are and at this point in my life adopting might be the best route for me. I could just imagine as a teacher the talk if
I decided to visit a sperm bank or a drunken sailor on leave (hehehe) and became an unwed mother. Oh the immorality!
5. Go on another fun vintage inspired good trip.... I'm really wanting to go to Niagara Falls and stop at the tiki Ho Jo's in Lake George New York!
6. Drink more water every day....you might think that's an easy one but I'm a teacher! I can't just go to the bathroom when ever I want! I'm gonna have to some how figure out when I can go pee more then once during my day.
7. Tile my gosh darn kitchen backsplash! ...I really need to get my ass in gear on this one...SLACKER I am.
8. Learn to bake bread the old fashioned way....after that maybe I'll move on to my own pasta....there I am being a big thinker again.
9. Start dating again....sometime this year I will get back out there..but right now I'm gonna stay on the sofa for a while longer. I'm just not ready yet...I'm to afraid to be hurt again yet. I'll just stay on my sofa behind my brick wall for a little while longer, thanks... but sometime this year, I promise.
10. Remember everyday that I am lucky to be here and not to worry about the little things I can't control.