Saturday, January 26, 2013

This Little Blog of Mine...

ain't what she use to be....ain't what she use to be...ain't what she use to be!!!

I'm still here and hanging around from time to time, but as you've seen, after all these years of sharing my life so publicly, I fear I've turned into quite the  introvert. How the Hell did that happen??  My shiny little penny has lost it's shine and I have yet to become re-inspired on a regular basis on the blogging front!  I'm still the same vintage loving, adventure taking, cat saving, opinionated, tongue and cheek, tell it like it is broad I've always been...hehehe... I just don't share it much on here anymore.  What a shame right!  I'm sure a lot of you have wondered what the heck I've been up to.....some of you have even sent me emails to say how much you missed my blogging, which thanks to my wonderful Catholic up bringing, has caused me to develop a huge case of bad blogger guilt! So to ease my bad blogger guilt, here's some fantastic and not so fantastic occurrences of late!

On the kitten front, all my furry little beasts, have found new wonderful homes!   But while trapping for the possibility of more kittens, I have also acquired not one but two local feral/stray cats! My first accidental trapping incident snagged me a sad looking gal who I named Olive.  Olive ended up being one of the sweetest kitties ever and not feral at all!  Poor Olive is missing an eye and half her teeth and has lost patches of her fur (from what the vet believes are old burns)....yes, it is possible that at some point someone has seriously abused poor little Olive.  So after hearing all this and seeing how sweet she is and fearing she wouldn't last another Winter in the outside world, Olive has taken up residence in our laundry room.  She spends her days lounging on the fluffy cat bed under the heat lamp, dreaming of chasing mice, I'm sure, while I lavish her with affection, food and medicated eye drops!


My second accidental trapping landed me with Captain Gus the apparent "stud muffin" of the neighborhood!  Gus was spitting hell fire when I discovered him in my trap.  But after a trip to the vets, a neuter, and a regular supply of food...it seems Capt'n had a bit of a change of heart.  My plan of a simple trap and release has changed to a.... I can't get rid of this damn cat!  I leave him out and he comes back.... everyday! He greets me at the door every night demanding his food... and with a full belly, a few good head rubs and pats, he will proceed to attack my feet just so I remember that he's the boss and that he only tolerates me for my food and heat lamp, thank you very much! 

IMG_9628 

We've also decided to adopt our foster hound dog..."Chester the Pester the Cat Molester"!  Actually this was kinda a given since 1. no one was really interested in the guy and 2. After a week of being in our home Sgt exclaimed... "I love this dog, lets keep him"! And well with my overabundant cat problem, it's hard to say no to a guy who loves a dog.  Lucky for me, I love the Chetty too! Look out dog school, me and my juvenile delinquent hound dog will be headed your way real soon!

I LOVE cats!

In other news, I've decided that I would love a "do over" for the whole month of December!  But since I don't have an operating time machine at my disposal, I'm gonna just have to wait until next December to try that month over again! What's the cause for my "do over" request you might ask?  Well, Sgt decided to play "bonsai pilot" with his "kamikaze" car right before Christmas, which landed him in the hospital for a week!  Yes, to put it bluntly, I almost became a widow....and as soon as he's all healed up and back to speed, I'm punching him good and hard in the stomach for this one! :) 

d646e4c6-3952-4871-ba54-222434ab1177 

Since it might be a while until I get to punch him in the stomach, I think I'll post this funny picture of him instead!  Have I ever told you that Sgt is a chicken whisperer?  Well, the picture speaks for itself.


In business news, I'm sad to report that I am no longer sharing an antique booth space with my pal SusieQt.  Yeah I know, sad news but, Welcome to DeluxeVille still has a booth spot at Harvest Star Antiques!

Untitled 
 
I'm also happy to say that letting go of all the crap I've collected over the years, isn't such a bad thing!  It feels good to keep just the stuff I really love and let go of all the other things.  Yes, I'm talking lamps here people!  But not to worry, I can always find more....which reminds me that I'll have to post about my newest discovery soon!  After all, I have to save something to talk about for later!

~MaryDeluxe

17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Sgt. is alright after a major accident like that. Wow. Poor Olive. I just can't imagine what a sick and twisted individual would do that to a poor animal. I'm glad that you are taking care of her and the Cap't. He looks like a character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted, I miss your blog! I wish I could come shop at your space... it looks right up my alley. Glad the Sgt. is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Guts is a beautiful looking cat! You're such a kind person to be looking after all of these animals. I'm a bad blogger at the moment myself - I just feel too swamped with university and work; the last thing I have time to do in the morning is take pictures of my clothing :( I'd love to see more from you but don't feel pressured! I know how hard it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy reading your blog even if the posts have become occasional. Keep it up when you can or feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. saving cats and ducks!!!! :) I am so glad that the Sgt is ok!!!!! that is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I'm so glad the Sgt. will be alright! I do miss you and your blogging, please don't let it go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mary, how nice to see you again, congratulations for the extended family. I also have a cat of the neighbors, who decided to move in with me for about a year. I have called BABY, and is the girlfriend of Elvis, my cat bigger.
    I was very impressed with the photo of the car destroyed, who knows what you've been through bad times. Also I'd like to visit your booth antiques. I hope to read you soon.
    Debora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man. I'm so glad Sgt is okay and I can't imagine how scary that was!

    Captain Gus is beautiful. I love fluffy kittens so much, but Olive has totally captured my heart and how lucky for her that you found her! What a rough time she's had. Lucky Chester too! I think it's pretty wonderful that you foster and adopt so many animals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missed you so much but totally understand life taking over ... And well the cat lady occurrences! I to am a cat magnet. Captain Gus is the long haired version on my Zeus. Olive is my mr. Bigglesworth.
    As for Sgt.... Holy cripes! I'm so glad he's ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Crap, glad that Sgt is coming out okay! Cats, car accidents, Kitch, BOY I've missed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to see a post from you! I'm glad Sgt is healing, but that sounds like an incredibly scary event!

    There's nothing like a houseful of dogs & cats to make life cosy. It sounds like your home must be perfect ( we have 4 cats & a dog) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear the Sgt is on the mend, and wow what a handsome brute Gus is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to have a post... loved all the pics except the car. Thank God he is OK and I hope your nerves are recovering too. very scary! :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey... was wondering about you. Sorry to hear about the Sgt... and the car... ugh... that's really scary. Glad to hear he's okay. And your kittens... you are a good person to be rescuing them. You guys take care... Emily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there,
    I've been an avid reader of yours and I had been wondering why the drop off in blogging. Well, no wonder! Don't forget to take care of yourself too....All my best to you, Sgt., and your wonderful furry family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can relate to your feeling about wanting to do December over..... I almost almost very much almost lost my dad, and although he is still with us... Things have been excruciatin. I love to spend the holidays with family and loved ones, but not in a hospital for 4 weeks!! I wish you guys al the best and I hope yout next December will be splendid. Maybe you can have an extra festive Easter hahaha..... Love your blog and the way you use your words :)

    ReplyDelete