Monday, February 16, 2009

My Atomic Valentine

I 'm sad to report that there will be no jukebox in Mr. Riot's current future. After viewing the condition and seeing the numerous collectors at the auction we decided to cut outta there and head to Harrisburg, Pa to check out the sites! The first place I took Mr. Riot to was my favorite mecca Atomic Warehouse ! I was a little worried that it might have been to much "atomic" for Mr. but he really enjoyed himself and we found lots of tiki treasures! If you're ever in this area and you're into atomic 50's, kitsch and so forth...this is a must stop for you and I will gladly take you there myself!


This place has 2 floors of atomic goodness but please don't drool on anything unless you're planning on buying it! After shopping we got our grub on at The FireHouse for our Valentines meal. Lets just say that was a yummy experience and a place we will be visiting again. To top of our day we decided to not spend any more money and visit Zoo America in Hershey, Pa (yes, I said Hershey, PA the place where they make the Hershey Bar and if I must say the sweetest place on earth). The zoo was having a special free admission weekend and also giving away free hershey hot chocolate! What's more fun then walking around the zoo on a chilly day, drinking hot chocolate, looking at animals, and holding hands?? Nothing that I can think of!

6 comments:

  1. OooO we have a few stores like that around here. and they are always a great way to spend the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help it I'm drooling............I see several things that would have followed me home. And then you link me to their site, you bad girl !!!
    I love the zoo and chocolate, what a lovely way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, I stumbled across your blog and thought I'd say hi. I love your DeluxeVille pad and I'm sure my girlfriend will be drooling over your vintage clothes when I show her your blog later.
    I wish we had stores like Atomic Warehouse in the UK!
    Best wishes, Simon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Simon, I'm glad you and your girl are enjoying my blog! I'm sorry to hear you have no stores like atomic warehouse in the UK...it truly is one amazing store...guess you'll just have to come to the states for a visit!

    ReplyDelete