Monday, August 24, 2009

Busty Advice



My new Whirling Turban dress came the week I was on vacation and I was so excited to get home to open my package. Very well made and I love it! The color is much brighter then pictured and I'm gonna need a little extra help to fill out the bust area as it's just a weee bit big. Do any of you use a certain product to get a little more volume out of your girls?? Please share your secrets!!!


EDIT:
I just went back and checked the Whirling Turban site and discovered these instructions to help adjust the cup size...which is my problem!

What to do if the cups are just a little too big on you:

"Cookies" are small push up pads that are sometimes put into a removable pocket in the lower part of a bra or else can be purchased by themselves (well, in a pair) in a well-stocked bra or foundations department.

They are not “falsies”. They are about the size of a small cookie (imagine that!) and all they do is to push some of the flesh curve on the under side of your breast to the upper side of your breast, so that the breast clings attractively to the upper part of the bodice.

Push up pads do the same thing but just tend to be a bit larger. They have different shapes, some also pushing both the outer lower breast AND the middle lower breast up.

The best thing to do is to try them on with our dresses, since we do our best to design our “BUILT” bodices so that they are both the dress and the bra. Take that dress right into the foundation department, ask the clerk for some push up pads and cookies, and go in the fitting room to and see what works best for you with the dress.

Whirlingturban assures you (with considerable authority) that this is what makes the Hollywood glamour queens what they are (or appear to be.) It’s that little bit of extra effort and expertise more than it is “extra generosity doled out to certain dolls from That Big Production Line In The Sky”!

So, take the time and invest in your shelf!

And don’t forget to use tiny safety pins or hand tack those cookies or pads in place in your dress before nights of abandon on the town!




9 comments:

  1. My "chicken fillets" come everywhere just for that reason! Perfect for a little adjustment here and there.
    I must say I ADORE those dresses and think I just may treat myself to one for my birthday. :)
    xx SKM xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have small crescent shaped liquid filled thingies that soften and mould to you with your body heat- very comfortable- but you do need a bra! When I go bra-less I have small pads (maybe they are cookies!) attached to my bodice fabric in the boob area by clear plastic press studs- easy to remove for cleaning! Gosh is that too much sharing????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the push up lil pads and they are great for those of us who need a little extra. The silicon is my favorite though the water is great too

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable dress! I always have to buy little extra pads to go into my dresses. If I find a dress that hugs my hips and curves nicely it is always a bit too big in the bust. I'll have to look into that whole cookie thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep, chicken fillets are the way to go :) you've probably found them by now - i got mine in a bra shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey babe it does look a little darker in the pics...but either way can't wait to see ya in it!!! The Fella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw ladies thanks for all the tips...I guess it's on to some form of padding for me!

    Dear Fella....or see me out of it? *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superbe !
    I really like Whirling Turban. The clothes are great and the people are so nice. I would like to have the same work as her ! hihi
    Have you got the bolero too ?

    Cheers
    Mlle Coco

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no clue since I am a AA cup and I really cant wear ANYTHING like that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete