Thursday, May 6, 2010

Top Secret Auction

I almost fell off my chair when I came across this upcoming auction! OH GOODNESS ME!!! So many amazing things all in one auction. These are just a few pictures I've picked out to show. Look at that lamp, all that heywake, 50's cateye glasses, mid-century modern galore, and they also have box lots!!! I love box lots. I think I've died and gone to heaven but will need to sell my soul to the devil for some extra cash!


The lamp of my dreams!


Heywake


Bakelite radios, desk lamps, dresser sets!


Heywake!!


Tulip chairs...I wonder if the table is there too??



Lamps, Jewelry, glasses, purses!

So many cool things, I don't know what to try to spend my money on first?? I think it's gonna be the lamp! :) I think I might need to rent a truck??? Gosh I hope they're not selling with two auctioneers...it's so freakin hard to make sure you don't miss things when they do that. But I'm guessing with the amount of stuff, there will be two auctioneers going in different places. I better wear my running shoes!

20 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, what a treasure trove! Good luck, can't wait to see what you get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow MaryD! I hope you get to go and clean up! BTW you should send a vintage looking picture to the Casablanca for "As Time Goes By" (you'll see the firs tone someone sent in tomorrows post!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a fun auction!! you lucky girl!! hope you win lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me weep!! I want to come over to the US and bid for everything!! I especially adore the furniture - amazing. Good luck at the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great stuff! That's Heywake Heaven!!
    Can't wait to see what you get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that's a whole lotta swell! Good luck - hope you do well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck ! Lots of fab things. Can't wait to see what you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That middle one is the lamp of MY DREAMS too... Get out of my dreams...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh I love them all especially the chairs and the lamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you are lucky lucky lucky good luck hope you get lots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your skillz at treasure hunting are phenom! I love the fashion on here as well, been lurking but I had a ? Is it just me? I have no idea where to even start looking for treasures such as these. I, myself, am in no need of Heywake, but would like to get my sister one piece. I was just looking for vintage keys iron, black etc, and some things like that, maybe a nice mirror, but where would you suggest a "baby" vintage shopper start in the great big world of auction houses/etc. I live in Orlando, FL if that helps at all. Thanks, Col

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your posts about auctions make me want to go find an auction around here and see what treasures I can find. How would one go about finding about auctions like this in my area?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an incredible find, hope you have fun there and get heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you watch Mad Men? In the picture with the eye glasses the glasswear in the back with the gold leaves on it is the set the Drapers have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rockabilly guy...yes, I find those glasses alot! Man oh man, this auction made me swoon! Overwhelming. Good luck gal! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete