Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who's the Tiling Queen...

That's right...say my name! Working hard here people and please quote me as I say this....I will NEVER do glass tiles AGAIN! You can not cut glass tile the same as ceramic...you need to either have a "special" tile saw or a very strong man who can score and snap the tile for you. Yes, quote me as I say this too...sometimes you need men! Today I found my man! (don't tell sgt.) I've been trying to figure out how to cut these stupid tiles for weeks. No one around here has that "special" tile saw that cuts glass tile..I even had one guy argue with me about what it was I was trying to cut. I said it's glass, he said no you can't be right it's got to be ceramic..nope glass...are you sure it's not ceramic...I kid you not, we went back and forth like that 5 times. Then he finally said...nope can't help ya..obviously not buddy, you don't even know they make glass tiles! Thanks to my strong glass cutting man at the glass shop, I can now see the light at the end of my really stupid home diy project tunnel! Tomorrow, I'm bringing him all my tiles that need to be cut and he's gonna cut them and I will stand there watching with a silly "you're my hero" smile on my face!! All you guys out there know that look don't ya!

Hmmm what the heck...if Antonio Ballatore was my boyfriend in real life and not just my pretend one, I wouldn't be having these problems....call me Antonio! (Shhh don't tell Sgt!)

IMG_3859

10 comments:

  1. Yeah... there are exactly two people in the Saint Louis area who work with the glass tiles. I know this because both of our bathrooms and the kitchen are tiled in 8"x16" glass tiles. Some plumbing work had to be done recently, and they had to rip open the wall to get to the pipes in the shower, so all the tiles had to be removed and put back. How did you stick yours to the wall? I swear what he was using on ours smelled like tar and the whole place was filled with smoke.

    Congratulations on finding someone to cut the tiles for you! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee I love/hate it when people don't believe you on what you know is true. Amazingly once I had that about whether I died my hair! You would think that I would know about that at least! Needless to say I walked out of his shop in a huff and considered spray painting "plonker" across his shop window at night

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Mary! I still wish you'd come on down for a visit and help me tile my powder room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naomi...I don't know that sounds to much like a "working" vacation to me! :) hahaha

    It's grouting day everyone! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful!

    I really love the look of glass tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally admire you for even taking on that project in the first place - I'll happily give you that "you're my hero" look, just for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, they look good! And I do hate when people won't believe what you say - had a guy in my course who would ask me how to spell a certain word and then doubt me once I told him. Don't know why he bothered asking me ;]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO loving the turquoise tiles- my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete