Comfort food is typically inexpensive, uncomplicated, and easy to prepare. Comfort foods are typically composed largely of simple or complex carbohydrate, such as sugar, rice, refined wheat, and so on.Take comfort in your food!
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard (optional)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Margarine or butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz (224 grm).) shredded American or Cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz (224 grm). Mueller's Elbows (about 2 cups), cooked 5 minutes and drained
- In medium saucepan combine corn starch, salt, dry mustard and pepper; stir in milk.
- Add margarine.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) cheese until melted.
- Add elbows.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree (200 C.) oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned.